Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Trees


Trees (under Baguio's blue skies). Shot this at Baguio Botanical Garden. I love the shadows, the light and most of all the color of the sky. Very relaxing scene actually. I wish I could go back there soon. I wasn't able to go to their Panagbenga Festival. Figured there were probably too many people. Maybe next year. Anyway, just a little story of our experience at the garden. We went there on our last day in Baguio, just a few hours before leaving. Outside the garden, there was a sign saying Baguio Botanical Gardens. Naturally, we wanted our picture taken with the sign, for remembrance. But to our surprise, some old Ifugao natives quickly ran to where we wanted to take our picture. They said they will be charging us 10 pesos for every native who stood there with our picture. There were probably 8 or 9 of them. They just wouldn't go away. We tried moving but they kept on following us. I was like, hey, I just want my picture taken with the sign and nobody else. Besides, why would I pay 80 or 90 pesos taking my own picture and with my own camera? But, alas, we wanted to have a shot so bad that we were just forced to take one shot with two of the natives and paid them 10 pesos each. That's just wicked. One of the weirdest experiences in Baguio.

4 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

That is a very peaceful scene. All the colors melding together. MB

Travis said...

That is such a relaxing scene. I really like the shadows and the light coming through. Wonderful colors.

dailyphotographer said...

hi guys, thanks for your comments! :D

Anonymous said...

Relaxing and peaceful!

LINK ME BACK: HTML CODE 4 PHOTOGRAPHY-PER-DIEM IMAGE LINK

Recent Comments