Sunday, March 2, 2008

March Madness


March Madness. Summer is approaching, well at least here in the Philippines. A time for me and my family to go the beach, sun bathe, relax and just have a vacation away from the city and stress. I chose this picture, because, flowers blooming is usually a symbol for spring, but since we don't have spring, we usually associate it with summer instead. Anyway, by this time, it's supposed to be hot and sunny here; but, the funny thing is the whole month of February has been rainy up until now. The weather is even colder than usual. It's just the most unusual thing. It never rains in February and March, except for this year; well, at least as far as I can remember. Meteorologists explain that there is a La Nina phenomenon affecting the country; bringing more rain and flash floods expecially in the provinces. I say it's climate change. Global warming is showing its effects and bringing unusual weather conditions. I wouldn't say I'm not happy with a cold weather. I love cool places. I would pick La Nina over El Nino anyday. But who would want to be going to the beach when it's raining, right?

5 comments:

Oman said...

Yup!!! Summer's here. Got few plans of my own. Hope that work does not get in the way. Have a nice day!

dailyphotographer said...

hey lawstude thanks, you have a nice day too! your shot at panagbenga are great by the way!

Carole said...

I Love bird of paradise. They are so vibrant in colour

Travis said...

Summer! Sounds great. Enjoy it for me will ya? That is beautiful.

dailyphotographer said...

hi carole, yeah they're great. We used to have this plant at home, my dad bought it from the US.

hi travis, thanks for droppin' by. will do.:D

LINK ME BACK: HTML CODE 4 PHOTOGRAPHY-PER-DIEM IMAGE LINK

Recent Comments