Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Favorite Hangout

I guess now this is officially my favorite hangout on a Friday night. Although I've been here a dozen times and have taken a picture of this skyline countless of times, I never get tired coming here and snapping a few shots or two. I have continuously challenged myself to capture a new perspective even though I always have the same subject, that way I can improve my composition and my night shooting as well. This was cropped a bit.

On a side note, the night really gives the Marina Bay Skyline a whole new glow. Below is a photo of the skyline taken a few hours before, see how bleak and intimidating the concrete jungle is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure looked so different! The night shot wins hands down.

Missy said...

Wow I like your night shot. I'm having difficulty taking shots at night that's why I admire yours.

dailyphotographer said...

hi bertn, i agree, that's why i love to shoot at night, the night lights just attract me so much.

dailyphotographer said...

hi missy, thanks for droppin' by, actually what you need for a night shot is a good stable tripod and long exposures, this one i think was taken at 5 seconds. in this case, i didn't bring one, so i just found a stable concrete surface to place my camera. just a slight movement will cause your images to be blurred, not unless you do it deliberately. hope this helps:D

Missy said...

Thanks for the tips. Actually I have my tripod but I haven't used it yet hehehe, I'm so lazy to bring it with me but in Tokyo DisneySea tripod is prohibited.

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

Beautiful!
I also had taken photo of this skyline several times already...

LINK ME BACK: HTML CODE 4 PHOTOGRAPHY-PER-DIEM IMAGE LINK

Recent Comments