Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cloud 9


Cloud 9. It's been a while since my last post. I have been quite busy with stuff lately. I got back from a trip barely 2 weeks ago and I haven't finished arranging my pictures yet. Anyway, I also can't remember the last time I posted nature pictures so here's one. I went through my Batangas photos and I found this shot focusing mostly on clouds. I remember playing with the aperture on this one to get the desired effect on the clouds. I used 18mm, ISO-400, f/22, 1/320s. I used a smaller aperture to be able to get detail from the clouds. I've been trying to shoot with a wider aperture but sometimes all I get is plain white background. This has been my problem especially when shooting during cloudy days. When it's cloudy, my shots tend to have clear white background (bald sky) even if there are distinct clouds in the sky. Still working on it though. Tips and comments are very much appreciated.

5 comments:

Carole said...

Wonderful clouds nice image

Oman said...

not an expert on this but i do lots of experimenting with my dslr and i usually set a low aperture and low iso on clear skies. works fine for me.

dailyphotographer said...

thank you guysfor visiting sorry havent been posting lately. quite busy with something. anyway ill be posting again on july thanks for droppin by

Travis said...

That is just an incredible photo. The colors are great. Sorry I have been gone for so long. Check out my latest entry to see where I have been.

Travis said...

Those clouds are spectacular. Great post and terrific photo.

LINK ME BACK: HTML CODE 4 PHOTOGRAPHY-PER-DIEM IMAGE LINK

Recent Comments